Tuesday 22 October 2013


I'm so sorry that I have been away from my blog for so long.  The summer has been wonderful and I have had lots of interesting trips around the UK, France and Italy collecting little treasures.  Now I am back in full swing ready for a winter of selling. 
 
For me, and hopefully for some of you, the good news is that I now have a permanent space for some of my collection in the Interior Antiques and Vintage shop, No.21, Market Place, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 5BE.   I am in residence at least once a week and when I am not there my colleague, Belinda will be happy to show you the Moments Remembered collection as well as her own beautiful furniture, clothing, jewellery and interesting objects.
 

Now that I have full (or nearly) use of both hands I am back on the Antique and Collectors Fairs again and have already sorted and packed some of my summer finds ready for the Shepton Mallet Fair on the 8th, 9th and 10th November.
I hope I will see you there. 
 

Apart from my very special summer finds I will have furniture, textiles, studio pottery, china and pictures plus, of course, some very tempting items for Christmas gifts for all the family and for your special friends.  Come with a list and a big shopping bag!
 In the summer I managed to find some wonderful fashion catalogues in France dating from 1945 and l947.  The lady who sold them to me told me that they had been her grandmother's. As a dressmaker in Provence at the end of the war she was kept very busy copying the latest styles from Paris for the fashionable ladies of Provence. 
 
There were quite a lot of notes and measurements on some pages and it is lovely to think of the grandmother having sewn these beautiful garments for her clients.  The pages that were not written  over, I have framed to make these lovely pictures. 
 
The prices range from £9.00 to £25.00 and I have been really pleased with the success I have had in selling these to happy customers.  I still have some left which are currently in the shop at No. 21 and which will then come with me to the Antique Fair at Shepton. 
 
For something completely different I have also found a lovely handmade toy tractor (probably from the 1950's) which is a real joy so that will be coming to Shepton with me along with this elegant Art Nouveau style vase which I found at a vide grenier in Provence...and, of course, lots more well-priced objects to tempt you. 


So, please forgive my bad blogging habits.  I really have not been lazing the summer away, its just that I have much more fun finding special objects rather than typing about them!  
 
I hope we will see you in No. 21, at the Antique Fair in Shepton or at one of our special pre-Christmas events which we will be hosting at No.21.  More details to follow.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment